Sunday, February 28, 2016

Range Day!!!

So yesterday about 20 or so of us met at the Oakridge gun club for a day of training and shooting the crap out of everything in sight. :) A couple of the guys even brought fully automatic guns (forgot to ask what type) it's always amazing to watch the spray of lead and casings from those things. I'm just glad I don't have to pay the bill for all that ammo..

Afterwords I took a drive up Salmon creek just to get out, it's been way to long since I had some alone time in the woods. I found a nice spot next to the river and just kicked back with my Kendal and enjoyed the piece and quiet. I REALLY need to get out and do that more often...

After that I found a side road I'd never been on before, since I love exploring I couldn't resist the temptation.. I have to say I do have a great internal sense of direction, I knew "roughly" what direction I was heading so I wasn't worried. What I didn't count on was how bad the road would get, all the recent rains have tore some serious rivulets in the road.
 The reason I'm bringing this up is after about 10 miles of this I remembered I left my Get Home Bag at home.  :(  I took it out last week to swap out the water bottles (something you should do every couple of months no matter what). For those of you who don't have a GHB in your rig you should DO IT NOW!
 Had I gotten stuck up there I would have been screwed, no food, no water/water filtration system, no radio to call for help.. Luckily the road ended up dropping me out within a couple of miles where I thought it would...

All in all a really nice day, I just wish I could have more of them more often...

I REALLY can't wait for summer to get here.. Camping, fishing, panning... A few days away from everyone...

Soon right?..

 Aim that way...


The river has really cut into the bank here...






No comments:

Post a Comment